So I was having issues where I was accessing my Window 7 tower that has apache webserver installed. When accessing localhost on the box it was nice and fast. It should be for an i7 processor and 6GB of ram. BUT if I accessed the machine from my laptop within my home network, it was taking a LONG time for apache to return anything. Here is what I did to troubleshoot:
- Pinged my tower from the laptop and response time was 3ms so network speed wasnt the problem.
- Created a static html file and pulling it up was still slow so I knew it wasnt PHP or MySQL performance. had to be DNS, router, or something with Apache.
- The first change I made on the server, was to say goodbye to DHCP. Gave the server a static IP address.
- Disabled the IPv6 protocol on the server's network adapter.
- Disabled DMZ on the Linksys wireless router since I didnt need it.
VOILA! Superfast web server response time now. Hope this helps someone