I admit, I messed up. Here was last weekend's game plan for Saturday:
- 10:30AM - 2:00 PM - Work on my Jeep's rear-end with a friend's expertise.
- 2:00-4:00 PM - Work on the house
- 5:00 PM - Take Nicole out to Dinner
- 7:00 PM till ? - have a nice intimate evening
Here what actually happened:
- 11:30AM - Started working on my Jeep's rear-end with a friend's help.
- 1:30PM - Friend and I realized that we were missing a vital part.
- 1:30PM to 3:30PM - Called everyone I knew as well as numerous parts stores to find the missing part.
- 4:00 - 5:30PM - found the part and picked it up
- 6:30PM - after we got back, could not install part because the fit was too tight since it was new.
- 7:00PM - conceded defeat until part could be shimmed/machined to fit
- 7:30 PM - 10:00PM - worked on the house because Nicole was mad at me.
Once again a 2-3 hour job, took way too much time (2nd time in a row). We could have continued to go out to dinner but Nicole was really too mad to even consider. I could have stopped the job at 5:30PM but feared that my friend's help would not be available for the following day and risk not having transportation for a while. He was the only one who knew how to work on rear-ends.
Furthermore, I am going away for a weekend on a offroad excursion and I wanted to get my Jeep fixed before then. This trip will be my last for a long time since the pregnancy due date is coming up soon.
Yes, I have been a little selfish these last few weeks however at the same time, I have been working pretty hard on the remodeling of our house. So its been a "work hard, play hard" time for me. I could always reason why I do the things I do but I feel pretty bad under the circumstances. So, Nicole if you are reading this, I'm sorry. I feel under pressure to get lots of things done, both personally and on the house, before the baby arrives. I know I haven't given you as much attention as you need lately. Forgive me.