My Outlook 2010 kept crashing on start-up. According to the event logs, was due to faulting module mso.dll with Event ID 1000. Here's the steps I took to resolve it on win 7 Home Premium.
- ran scanpst.exe in C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/Office 14/ folder - found some errors in the pst file so I repaired it. Outlook still didn't load.
- Found that I had many Outlook related Windows Updates to run and install. Did that. No dice.
- What worked:
- Closed Outlook
- Cut and pasted the mso.dll file over to the Desktop folder as a temp holding spot
- Started Outlook and it reran the Microsoft Office Single image installer.
- Let it complete
- Started outlook and it finally gave me a handy error that the Exchange plugin kept failing - would I like to disable it? HELL YES
- Voila!!! Outlook started up